
I decided last night after he told me his chest hurt that I was taking Jaimisen to the doctor today. He woke up at 6am this morning gagging, coughing and crying. He is also losing his voice so when he opens his mouth to cry sometimes no sound actually comes out. It's so sad. I took him in and the doctor said he only has a cold "for now." Chest, ears and throat were all clear. But the way the doctor said it made it seem like he was expecting his "cold" to turn into something in the next couple of days. He told me if Jaimisen still has a fever by Tuesday night, then call back and bring him in first thing Wednesday morning. Jaimisen hasn't improved at all today. He wants to get up and play so bad but I am trying to force him to sit. He will get so upset with me and say "No mommy! I have to play with Zoey!" So this is really hard for him. And when I say he wants to get up and play, it's not the normal play he usually does. He basically just doesn't want to keep sitting. The past three nights he has fallen asleep between 6 and 630pm; his usual bedtime is 9pm and even then I have to put him in his bed and tell him it's bedtime. He never just falls asleep by himself. He's so tired but can't sleep because of his nasty cough. At this point I'm almost hoping he has something diagnosable so the doctor can prescribe him a medicine so he can get better. I hate seeing him like this and knowing there is nothing I can do and just have to wait it out :(
No comments:
Post a Comment