Jaimisen successfully completed another day of Sunday school! Let me break this down for you so you can really appreciate his accomplishments:
Sunday school days 1-3: I sat in the class in the corner. Jaimisen didn't need me to be right next to him, just a visual when he looked up to be comforted.
Sunday school day 4: I walked into the play area and handed him to the Sunday school teacher crying and not wanting to stay. When I left he was still crying. The teacher said she held him and he cried for about 7 minutes then was perfectly happy and wanted to play.
Sunday school day 5: He was excited to go, then cried the second we stepped in the door. I walked into the play area and handed him to his teacher crying. I showed him one of those books that has buttons and makes noises to go along with the story [just like the one he got for Christmas] and he was immediately excited to tell his teacher all about Christmas. He wasn't crying when I left and didn't cry for the remainder of class.
Sunday school day 6: He was unsure if he wanted to go. I reminded him about the books with buttons he could play with with his teacher and all the fun things they do in class. When we walked in the door, I took his jacket, put on his name tag and he ran in the play area without me. No crying AT ALL! I waited to see if he would look back for me, but he went right up to his teacher, asked for a book with buttons and off he ran out of sight.
How proud I am of him overshadows any sadness I have of him growing up. I know I've said this before, but he continues to amaze me.
No comments:
Post a Comment