Saturday, January 16, 2010

For the Godmommies

So Jaimisen's godmommies have been HARASSING me about updating Jaimisen's blog more. Haha. I explained to them that nothing has happened that I can write about! That didn't stop their persistence. However, it did get me thinking. I realized that there are a lot of things that I don't consider "worth" writing about because they are normal, everyday things to me. But to his godmommies, who live in Nebraska and New Orleans, everything is new and exciting! So I am promising them that I will do my absolute best to update the blog at least every other day, no matter how short it may be; tell a funny story about something Jaimisen did, something new he learned, anything.
For the past few days Jaimisen has been spiking 101+ fevers :( It's strange because he usually has a fever right in the morning, then it goes away and he acts completely fine the rest of the day and then it spikes back up at night again. Last night he fell asleep at 7pm sitting in my mom's lap which is COMPLETELY unlike him. Tonight he fell asleep at Evan's Police Academy dinner at 6:30 and only woke up because I needed to put a pullup on him if he was going to sleep. He was awake for about an hour and went back to sleep. It was short lived because after about 30 minutes, he woke up acting like he needed to throw up. But since he hasn't eaten all day, there was nothing for him to throw up :( Poor baby.
We have been doing flash cards lately working on his numbers. He can correctly identify numbers 0-10 with only slight confusion on 8 and 9. He can almost count to twenty on his own. His only problem is skipping from 14 to 18. Haha. He can identify his entire alphabet with basically no problem.
We were supposed to go to Tahoe for this week but the threat of being snowed in has kept us home. I needed to be home by Thursday and it's supposed to snow all week until next Sunday. Not just snow, snowstorm, full with power outage and falling trees. So we opted to stay home. Jaimisen has never seen snow so we were really looking forward to it but we have another weekend planned in February so hopefully that works out.
I'll keep everyone posted on how Jaimisen is doing with his sickbug.

No comments:

Post a Comment